Sunday, February 09, 2014

Meet Alex Mitchell!

Alex is one of the sweetest, most kind-hearted persons I've ever met - the type who throws love bombs in the middle of a fight.
Well, lurve bombs, to be exact. Irish ancestry.
She draws people like flames do moths.
Judging from the snippets I know, her biography would make an astounding read. It has everything from finding herself, aged 15,
in a hotel in Paris with nothing but her passport and a corset,
to almost marrying a lord.
I truly hope she'll write it all down one day, though I fear she'll have
to tag it as fiction, as nobody would believe it were true, and,
as Tom Clancy said, opposed to reality, fiction has to make sense.

Now let's ask her a few questions, and see if we can get a bit
of a look at what's going on inside her mind.

Who are you?

I keep asking myself this.

Where are you?

Singapore via Edinburgh via London via Grand Cayman

Okay...in that case, apart from jet-lagged and travel-sick, how are you?

You should never ask an Irishwoman that! You’ll be here for the week!

I'd love to! I bet that would be fun.
Which book do you want to talk about? Tell us briefly what it is about.

Three Months of Chaos. It is an amphetamine fueled, semi-autobiography of my days before medication.

Why did you write it?

Initially, it was cathartic and then it became this sort of King Lear dreamscape with villains and drug addicts in distress.

Is there a song you'd associate with your book?

Venus in Furs by LouReed

Oh, I used to love this song. And it fits perfectly.
What are you currently working on?

A zombie novella series, a supernatural thriller and flash fiction.

Here's probably the perfect spot to link Frankie's flash fiction site, where one can find writing prompts and some high quality stuff: 365/52. Alex posts there as tabby007.

Where do you get your ideas? What inspires you?

Everything. I can be sitting having dinner and I make up whole plays about the other patrons. That one is a gangster, that one likes to eat live fish, that one is about to kill his wife. You know, those sunny sort of ideas.

I bet the poor people don't feel at all watched.
Who is your favorite author?

At the moment, Joe Abercrombie and Audrey Niffennegger. I have this fascination with twins. And Catholicism. Although not necessarily at the same time. Well, sometimes.

If you could have a superpower, which one would you choose?

Invisibility, but I warn you that I would make A LOT of trouble.

Havoc, no doubt. 
What are you addicted to or can't live without?

My six year old. He charms the pants of shopkeepers and we get free stuff all the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment